I had a little bit of time on my hands the other day while my husband was at work, so I thought I would make a fun treat to bring him and his workies! :-) Enter…Reindeer Mix. Like Puppy Chow — but peppermint. Thus, Reindeer Mix. You dig? Some of you are yelling at me through the computer — too EARLY for the Christmas “stuff.” To you, I say — I know. BUT, it was an especially cool and overcast day, I was playing Christmas music in our apartment, and I thought – why not?
Serves: Lots of hungry men (or just a lot of peeps in general)
1 regular-sized box Rice Chex cereal
1 cup Peppermint Hershey’s Kisses
1/3 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Melt the Hershey’s Kisses and butter in a *large* microwave-safe bowl. Do this in 30-second increments, and stir in between each session. When melted, stir in the vanilla.
2. Pour the Rice Chex cereal into the very melty chocolate-butter mixture, a little bit at a time — and stir gently, coating.
3. In a Zip-Lock bag, add half of the powdered sugar, and half of the Chex mixture. Zip up the bag and shake what yo momma gave ya! Empty the bag into an airtight container, and repeat the process with the remaining powdered sugar and Chex mixture.
4. Enjoy! But not too much, otherwise you will get heartburn. I’m not kidding.
- peppermint crunch puppy chow. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)